Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Haystacks

My aunt is famous for this one. It is very simple and can be used for multiple meals or a family get-together. It is always a big hit at our house.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
1 can black beans, undrained
1 can small red beans, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup of salsa
 
 
First, in large skillet cook beef and drain fat. Add beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic and salsa to the beef, put on low-med heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
 
Serve over chips and cheese and top with fresh cut lettuce greens, onion, tomato, sour cream, more cheese (or whatever you like) and enjoy.


I also puree some of the chili until smooth and spread over a tortilla and sprinkle with cheese for a very tasty quesadilla that my kids (and myself) love! Also my husband loves to use it as a "bean" dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment